Advanced Observational Drawing & Painting for Young Adults | Term 1
Taught by Elsie Preston who is an Honours graduate of the Victorian College of the Arts and a former student of the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (VCASS). Elsie is traditionally trained with a practice which spans across sculpture, drawing, painting and installation.
This 2 hour class helps students become fluent in all aspects of drawing including figures, master copies and photographic prints.
Students will study the following aspects of drawing:
- Composition & proportion.
- Approaches to perspective.
- Positive and negative space.
- Understanding and utilizing the picture plane.
- How to use drawing mediums.
- Applying personal sensitivity to the way form is translated.
This course is perfect for students who are required to build a strong portfolio for entry into University level art institutions.
Students who attend this class are encouraged to further practice their skills at our evening untutored life drawing classes as a way of seeing definite and rapid progress in their skills.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CLASSES:
- Nude life models will be employed in this course. Please note this prior to enrolling your child.
- We invite students to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Materials may stain or ruin clothing and we do not take responsibility for damage to clothing.
- We invite students to attend all classes as there is no direct make up class option for this course.
- Please click here for other terms and conditions before enrolling your child in our classes.
Please note that term length may vary according to government school timetables between 8 & 9 weeks.
Melbourne Studio of Art is committed to teaching students not only technique and expression, but also the importance of finishing that which is started. A large part of our educational system focuses on commitment, completion and the rewards that effort and discipline offer; we believe it is healthy for children to learn these lessons in these times of instant gratification and overly appreciated outcomes.
1:30pm – 3:30pm | 3rd February – 23rd March 2024
Students will be required to bring basic drawing materials to this class (pencils, rubber, sharpener, ruler).
Various materials including paper, easels and drawing boards are included in the price of this course.
15 Places Left