Cartooning for 10years+ | Term 1
This specialised course is for students who are passionate about cartooning and want to explore the process further with our teacher Kaitlyn Stephens.
In this class, students will explore a wide range of cartooning styles with both drawing and painting materials. They will gain an understanding of the fundamentals that build eye-catching and unique stylistic art and develop their capacity for imaginative self-expression. To foster our students’ individualism, class projects include critical-thinking and observational learning skills.
Through this course, students will learn the following:
- Fundamental cartooning principles that can be applied to individual art-making.
- Visual story-telling principles for more complex and effective cartooning.
- Critical-thinking and observational learning skills.
- How to use different art mediums to bring their ideas to life.
- Methods of harnessing their own creative abilities for diverse self-expression.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CLASSES:
- Various materials are included in the price of this course.
- We invite students to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Materials may stain or ruin clothing and we do not take responsibility for damage to clothing.
- We invite students to attend all classes as there is no direct make up class option for this course.
- Please click here for other terms and conditions before enrolling your child in our classes.
Please note that term length may vary according to government school timetables between 8 & 9 weeks.
Melbourne Studio of Art is committed to teaching students not only technique and expression, but also the importance of finishing that which is started. A large part of our educational system focuses on commitment, completion and the rewards that effort and discipline offer; we believe it is healthy for children to learn these lessons in these times of instant gratification and overly appreciated outcomes.
5:00pm – 7:00pm | 29th January – 25th March 2024
(Labour Day Long Weekend – No class Mon 11th March)
10 Places Left