Classical Drawing for Teens | Term 1
Taught by Elsie Preston who is an Honours graduate of the Victorian College of the Arts and a former student of the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (VCASS). Elsie is traditionally trained with a practice which spans across sculpture, drawing, painting and installation.
In this program, students learn the fundamental principles of drawing realistically from observation. Our goal is that over time, participants will be able to effortlessly draw portraits, still life, figures and landscapes with relative ease and an informed approach.
Students will study the following:
- The importance of line.
- Managing perspective.
- Building strong compositions.
- Spatial Relationships and proportion.
- Materials and drawing surfaces.
Students may work from a selection of the following sources: still life, landscape (images and at the adjacent park), photographs, life models (clothed), self portraits using images and mirrors and photographs of faces to develop portraiture skills.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CLASSES:
- We invite students to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Materials may stain or ruin clothing and we do not take responsibility for damage to clothing.
- Students are offered one make up class per term which must be pre booked to match the missed class. Please contact us to arrange your make-up class.
- Please click here for other terms and conditions before enrolling your child in our classes.
Please note that term length may vary according to government school timetables between 8 & 9 weeks.
Melbourne Studio of Art is committed to teaching students not only technique and expression, but also the importance of finishing that which is started. A large part of our educational system focuses on commitment, completion and the rewards that effort and discipline offer; we believe it is healthy for children to learn these lessons in these times of instant gratification and overly appreciated outcomes.
5:00pm – 7:00pm | 29th January – 25th March 2024
(Labour Day Long Weekend – No class Mon 11th March)
Materials not included in the cost of this course however are available for purchase at the studio. View suggested materials list below.
Comprehensive kits are discounted by 25% of regular retail prices and enrolled students receive a 10% discount on individual items. All items are available for collection from our studio prior to course commencement.
9 Places Left