Illustration Club for Teens | Term 1
With the increasing popularity of illustrated novels and texts, this program offers teenagers the opportunity to learn the following:
- How to develop characters.
- How to tell a story through a picture.
- The use of different drawing materials to illustrate solid images.
- How to develop a repertoire of repeated techniques to structure your approach in visual storytelling.
This is a cathartic class where children with rich emotional landscapes and an interest in storytelling will, with hard work, learn how to fully express themselves. We invite students who already have an understanding of the fundamentals of illustration to join this course.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CLASSES:
- We invite students to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- Materials may stain or ruin clothing and we do not take responsibility for damage to clothing.
- We invite students to attend all classes as there is no direct make up class option for this course.
- Please click here for other terms and conditions before enrolling your child in our classes.
Please note that term length may vary according to government school timetables between 8 & 9 weeks.
Melbourne Studio of Art is committed to teaching students not only technique and expression, but also the importance of finishing that which is started. A large part of our educational system focuses on commitment, completion and the rewards that effort and discipline offer; we believe it is healthy for children to learn these lessons in these times of instant gratification and overly appreciated outcomes.
1:30pm – 4:00pm | 3rd February – 23rd March 2024
Materials not included in the cost of this course however are available for purchase at the studio. View suggested materials list below.
Comprehensive kits are discounted by 25% of regular retail prices and enrolled students receive a 10% discount on individual items. All items are available for collection from our studio prior to course commencement.
9 Places Left